How To Start A Yoga Blog In 2021- Easy Step Guide For Beginners
As the world battles the Covid-19 pandemic on a war-footing, people have adopted Yoga as the means of boosting immunity and improving overall health. With its growing demand now might be the best time to launch your Yoga website. Having a Yoga website will increase your student base and allow you to build deeper relationships with them.
A website will also give more collaboration opportunities. You didn’t get into teaching yoga for the money. But, it does feel like it could be, well…a little more profitable, doesn’t it? You can now! Because the online yoga space is booming, as it has developed an incredible online community. Yoga instructors who move to teach yoga online go on to earn an average of $5,000 a month.
I promise it’s really not as difficult to launch a Yoga website as you might think. This guide will lead you through all the steps needed to set up your own yoga website. But first, you need to install and activate the Responsive theme, CyberChimps’ most popular and the best WordPress theme for web designers and developers alike that comes with both paid and free WordPress templates. It follows all the guidelines for responsive web design.
Table of Contents
Choosing a domain name and web hosting plan
Getting a domain name and a web hosting plan is the first step to building a website. A domain name is the address of your website. That’s what your users type in the browser to land on your website.
A web host stores the files of your website. Basically, a hosting provider provides a space for your website on the webserver where the files can be stores and can be viewed online.
With Bluehost you can get a free domain name with about 65% off on its web hosting plan.
Now let’s go ahead and purchase the domain and hosting.
Just open Bluehost and click on the Get Started Button. Select the plan of your choice and choose the domain name on the next page.
Add your account information to complete the purchase.
After adding the payment details, you’ll receive a confirmation mail and instruction on how to log in to your control panel. Once you’re registered with Bluehost, you’re good to go!
It is super easy to install WordPress with Bluehost. It offers a 1-click installation of WordPress and other CMSs such as Joomla and Drupal.
1. Log into Bluehost
2. Go to the control panel
3. Click on the WordPress icon (Install WordPress) which you can find under the website section
4. Choose the domain where you’d like to install WordPress
5. Enter the site name, admin username, and admin password of your choice, and once you’re done, click on Install Now
Installing and activating the Responsive free theme
The Responsive theme is a free theme that comes with 40+ pro and free website templates that fit any kind of business niches. It also comes with tons of customization options. All you have to do is import any template and launch your website. You can get a free copy of the theme from the website. Alternatively, you can also download it from the WordPress repository. You can also check out this list of free WordPress themes.
After you have downloaded the theme, log in to your WordPress Dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes > Add New
Upload the downloaded theme zip file
Install and Activate the Responsive theme
Installing the ready site importer plugin
As you know Responsive free theme comes with 40+ website templates. These templates can be imported with the help of a free plugin. You can find CyberChimps Ready site importer plugin in the WordPress repository.
After downloading the plugin zip file:
1. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard
2. Go to Plugins > Add New
3. Upload the downloaded plugin zip file
4. Install & Activate the plugin.
Importing the Free “Yoga” ready site template
The Yoga instructor theme enables you to create and sell your Yoga classes by launching a fully functional website within minutes. Get pre-designed home, about, contact, and blog pages that can easily be edited with the in-built Elementor page builder.
Before proceeding make sure you have the Responsive theme installed and activated.
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Responsive > Ready Sites and select the “Yogasana” website to import.
- You can see the demo of the template on the Preview page. You can either import the whole website or choose to import a single page.
Responsive allows you to do a little mix and match for your website.. choose the ‘Home’ page of one template and the ‘About’ page of another.
- When you click on the Import site, you’ll be redirected to the action page to start importing the templates.
- After the import is complete, you will see a “Launch Site” button that will take you to the newly created website.
How to change the logo of your Yoga Website?
Follow these steps to customize the logo of your website.
- From the WordPress dashboard navigate to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
- Click on the Change Logo button and upload your logo.
*Note: Suggested image dimensions are 300 by 100 pixels. The maximum upload file size is 40 MB.
How to add & style the navigation menu?
To add a navigation menu using customize follow these steps:
1. From the WordPress dashboard navigate to Appearance > Menus
2. Click on Pages and View All. Select all the pages that you want to appear in your menu (use the checkboxes next to the pages’ names) and click on the Add to Menu button.
- You can edit the name of the added Menu under the Menu Structure. Click Save Menu to save all the changes.
Now if you want to change the style of the Navigation Menu:
- Go the WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Customize> Main Menu
- Now on the left panel, you can modify the look of the navigation menu by reordering the Layouts, Colors & Backgrounds, and Typography.
- After making the changes, click the Publish button to save all the changes and make it live.
How to customize the blog layout using Customizer?
- From the WordPress dashboard navigate to Appearance > Customize
- Next, select Blog / Archive
- You will see different options to change the layout of your blog page:
- Post Content: You can choose between Content and Excerpt to show on the blog page.
- Excerpt length: Set the number of words for Excerpt
- Read More Text: Change the text of “Read More” button
- Default Blog Posts Index Layout: Change the layout of your blog posts index from 9 available layouts.
- Post Elements: Drag up and down to change the position of the post elements, you can also show or hide a particular post element.
- Post Meta: Show or Hide any post meta elements such as Author, Date, Categories, and comments.
- Post Pagination: With this option you can set up page pagination without any coding
- Blog Post Background Color: Change the blog post background to match with the website theme or logo.
How to customize the post layout using Customizer?
Follow the steps below to customize the blog post layout using customizer:
- From the WordPress dashboard navigate to Appearance > Customize
- Next, select Blog Post
- On the next page, you will see different options to change the layout of your blog post.
You have successfully set up your Yoga website on WordPress.
Drop us a comment if this article has given you enough information to get your Yoga website off the ground. Happy meditating :)