Boxes are similar to text widgets, but for ease of use they allow you to insert an image or URL of the media without the need for special code in WordPress Themes. (Please Note: The “Boxes Element” is not to be confused with the “Box Left”, “Box Middle”, and “Box Right” widget areas which are accessible via Appearance > Widgets. The “Box Left”, “Box Middle, and “Box Right” will only appear where you have set the “Widgets Element” (https://cyberchimps.com/quide/how-to-use-the-widgets-element/). To read more about the “Box Left”, “Box Middle”, and “Box Right” widgets please see here: https://cyberchimps.com/quide/how-to-use-the-widgets/ )
To create a “Box” navigate to the following in your WordPress Administration Panels.
Boxes > Add New
- Create box title
- Box URL – Insert the URL of the post/page that you want the image to link to here. For example, if it’s your contact page, something similar to http://www.example.com/contact-us/ would go there.
- Link the whole box – On/Off. Default is Off. Set this to “On” if you wish for the entire box to be click-able. Please note that it will direct the user to whatever link you place in the Box URL above.
- Boxes Text – In the “Boxes Text” you can add your text. Just remember, the more text you have there, the larger the height of the box will be.
- Boxes Category – (This option is in the left menu under “Add New” and/or to the right in the area titled “Boxes Categories”.) Please read below on how to assign a category to your boxes. If you do not assign a category to your boxes the default CyberChimps boxes will appear.
- Click “Update”
- Look for “Page Options”. Within that you should see “Page Elements”.
- Drag and drop the “Boxes” Inactive Element to the “Active Elements”. It will now be activated. Please note that you can control where it appears by its location among the other active elements. Simply drag and drop the “Boxes” Element above or below other Active Elements.
- To disable the “Boxes” section for that Page, drag and drop the “Boxes” element to “Inactive Elements” or click on the minus “-” symbol to the left of the word “Boxes”.
- Click “Update” when done.
You now have the ability to add categories to your boxes. This will create more flexibility by having different boxes via category on the page of your choosing. To create a “Boxes Category” navigate to the following in your WordPress Administration Panels.
There are two places you can create Boxes Categories.
- When creating a Boxes Element to the right will be an item called “Boxes Categories”. You can select “+ Add New Boxes Category” there. Or
- Navigate to the following in your WordPress Administration Panels. Select Boxes > Boxes Category
Once you have created a category you can assign it accordingly within the Page that the Boxes Element is activated.
Did this documentation not suffice? Have more questions? Please post a support topic in the forum. https://cyberchimps.com/forum/pro/