Boxes are similar to text widgets, but for ease of use they allow you to insert an image or URL of the media without the need for special code.
Due to WordPress requirements beyond our control, the Boxes Lite option has changed. We are currently updating our documentation, but in the meanwhile, please continue reading below on how to work with the Boxes Lite. If you were previously using the Boxes Lite before iFeature 5.1.12, you will have to redo your boxes.
To maintain just 3 boxes throughout the site the options are located in the Blog section.
Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Boxes Lite
- In the “Boxes Lite” you can add an image with the built in media uploader. Select “Upload” than navigate to the file or you can manually enter the URL of the image location (if you have an image in your “uploads” directory you can insert the URL there). Tip: The boxes are approximately a max width of 305px. It would be best to try and keep all images the same height and width otherwise your boxes will not look proportional.
- Link URL – Insert the URL of the post/page that you want the image to link to here. For example, if it’s your contact page, something similar to http://www.example.com/contact-us/ would go there.
- In the “Box Text” you can add your text. Just remember, the more text you have there, the larger the height of the box will be. Also note that you can only insert text in this field. HTML and other coding will be stripped.
- Click “Save Options”.
They are visible whether you use the drag and drop or not. This is because when the Boxes Lite element is activated within a Page it will use this information too.
First you’ll have to edit the boxes to your choosing. Then if you want it displayed on the blog page then you’ll need to use the drag and drop and click Save Options. For Pages do exactly the same, but on the Pages no options will pop up as there is nothing to change as the only way you’ll be able to edit the boxes is through the Blog section.
To enable the Boxes Lite section on Pages, navigate to that particular Edit Page in your WordPress Administration Panels by first selecting the “Pages” option directly under the “Links” option.
- Look for “Page Options”. Within that you should see “Page Elements”.
- Drag and drop the “Boxes Lite” Inactive Element to the “Active Elements”. It will now be activated. Please note that you can control where it appears by its location among the other active elements. Simply drag and drop the “Boxes Lite” Element above or below other Active Elements.
- To disable the “Boxes Lite” section for that Page, drag and drop the “Boxes Lite” element to “Inactive Elements” or click on the minus “-” symbol to the left of the word “Boxes”.
- Click “Update” when done.
Did this documentation not suffice? Have more questions? Please post a support topic in the forum. https://cyberchimps.com/forum/free/