CrunchStory is a free WordPress theme for bloggers. Whether you’re a food blogger or a marketer, CrunchStory will help you present your personal brand like never before.
CrunchStory comes with the following features:
- Custom home page template with a featured posts slider, a customizable about section, and a featured posts grid.
- Social menu in header for all popular platforms.
- Custom logo.
- Custom background color & image.
- Custom header image
Setting up the custom homepage
When you first activate CrunchStory, your homepage displays posts in a traditional blog format. To set up your homepage, follow these steps:
- Create a page.
- Set it’s page template to “Home Page Layout”
- In the Customizer’s Static Front Page panel, set “Front page displays” to “A static page.”
- Select the page created in Step One as “Front page,” and choose another page as “Posts page” to display your blog posts.
The static front page will display as in the demo site.
Setting homepage content
The homepage content can be easily set using the WordPress customizer.
- In the Customizer’s Home Template panel, add content for the About section.
- Select a tag for the homepage slider. Posts tagged with this tag will now show up in the slider.
- Similarly select a tag for the homepage grid. Posts tagged with this tag will show up in the grid below the About section.