How To Create A WordPress Real Estate Website | Easy Guide For Beginners
Are you looking for new ways to improve the growth rate of your real estate business? Launching a WordPress real estate website is one way to do that. According to some statistics,
- More than 14 % of buyers searched online before t buying a home.
- 92% of buyers used the internet at some point in while seraching for a property.
These statistics are living proof that not having a website is like leaving a huge chunk of opportunity behind. That’s why we have put together an easy guide on how you can launch your real estate website within minutes. For demonstration, we have used one of the most popular free themes in the market- The responsive theme.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Can WordPress Be Used For A Real Estate Website?
Prerequisites For Launching A Website On WordPress
1. A Domain Name
The domain name is the address of your website. An easy way to come up with the domain name is using your business name and putting .com as your extension.
2. A Web Hosting Plan
A web hosting stores your online data.
When you land on the homepage of Bluehost, begin by clicking on the Get Started Now button
After the signup, you need to choose your pricing plan. If you are a small to mid-level business, it’s wise to choose the plus plan. You can always upgrade as the scope of your business grows.
After selecting the plan, choose the domain name.
You’ll receive a confirmation mail after the payment is done. Once you’re registered with Bluehost, you’re good to go!
Step 2: How Do I Create A Website Using WordPress?
Bluehost offers 1-Click Installation for WordPress. Below are the steps to install WordPress using the 1-Click Installation feature:
- Log into Bluehost.
- Go to the control panel
Under the website section, click on the WordPress icon (Install WordPress).
4. Choose the domain for which you want to install WordPress
5. Enter the site name, admin username, and admin password of your choice, and then click on Install Now
Step 3: How To Create A Real Estate Website Free Of Cost?
You can create a free real estate website simply by installing and activating the free Responsive Theme. Responsive theme comes with 40+ free and pro templates, that is fir for every business need. All you need is a few clicks of your mouse and you can get your website up & running within minutes with this free theme.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard
2. From your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes > Add New
4. Upload the downloaded theme zip file
5. Install the Responsive Theme and then click Activate.
Step 4: Installing & Activating The Responsive Ready Site Importer Plugin
Responsive Theme comes with 40+ ready to use templates. This plugin extends the functionality of the theme by adding a site importer feature. These templates can be easily customized with the Elementor page builder. You can download the latest version of the Ready sites importer plugin from WordPress.org.
After you have downloaded the plugin, follow these steps to install and activate it.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Upload the downloaded plugin zip file
- Install the Responsive Ready Sites Importer plugin and activate.
Step 5: How To Import The “Real Estate” Ready Site?
The Real Estate template by CyberChimps’ Responsive Theme is one of the best and feature rich-themes to launch your WordPress real estate website. It comes with pre-designed that you can import in just 1 click. These ready-to-use pages include, Home Page, About Page, Blog Section and so much more, and can be edited with the drag & drop editor.
Follow the steps below to import “Real Estate” ready site:
- On your WordPress dashboard go to Appearance > Responsive Ready Sites Importer and select the “Real Estate” website to import.
2. On the preview page, you will see the website and you can see the “Import Site” button.
3 . On clicking the Import Site button you will see actions that will be taken to import the website.
4. After Import is complete you will see the Launch Site button which will take you to the newly imported site.
Step 6: How To Change The Logo?
You can easily change the logo with the following steps:
- From the WordPress dashboard go to Appearance > Customize
- On the next page, select Site Identity
- 3. Next, click on the “Change logo” button to upload your logo image file.
Step 8: How To Edit The “Real Estate“ Template Using Elementor?
Follow the steps below to edit the “Real Estate” template website using Elementor drag and drop page builder.
1. Click on “Edit with Elementor” on top of your page
2. Click on any content section you want to edit. After clicking it will encased in a blue frame showing it is active now.
3. Now hover over each section to edit the section, column, and element modules.
Step 9: How To Customize The Post Layout Using Customizer?
- On your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize
- Click on Blog > Single Post
3. On the next page, you will see different options to change the layout of your blog post.
4. You will see the following options:
- Post Featured Image & Post Title: Change the alignment and style
- Post Elements: You can Show or Hide any particular post element and also drag up-down to change the position of a particular post element.
- Post Meta: Show or Hide any meta elements such as Author, Date, Categories, and comments.
After going through this guide, you may have realized that creating a WordPress real estate website is not as difficult as it seems. WordPress is a powerful and flexible CMS platform where you get tons of free themes that lets you build professional looking websites in a short period of time. Having a Responsive business website gives you an edge over your competitors.
If you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below!