IMPORTANT: Whenever and however updating a theme we strongly recommend and caution you to backup all files and settings.
Response Pro utilizes the CyberChimps Update API, which allows you to update your theme from the “Updates” menu in the WP-Admin Dashboard. When an update is available, you will be notified next to the “Updates” menu item under the Dashboard settings. You can also manually check for updates by pressing the “check again” button at the top of the updates page.
The new version will appear under the Themes section of the page, simply select “update” and the API will take care of the rest.
- First, in your theme settings export/backup/save your settings
- Now, via FTP (please contact your host if you’re unsure of how to FTP) navigate to wp-content/themes/ifeaturepro and back that entire folder up (don’t delete it, rename it, move it or change it in anyway – we want it to stay active with WordPress)
- Now download the latest theme version: http://cyberchimps.com/my-account/
- Unzip it and upload the responsepro folder directly over the other one overwriting it
- Now, you may have to reapply your backed up settings and make other adjustments
- In case you have any issue at any point that’s why you have the old theme folder backed up for safekeeping (you can reupload the original should you need to)