Please note that guides are just that, guides. Concerning customization guides we cannot assist with implementation at the one on one level and you instead may wish to hire a web pro for hands-on assistance.
The code need to add the widgets to a page can be found here:
The code that I added at the bottom was this.
<?php get_sidebar('home'); ?>
- Make sure you have a child theme.
- Access you server using a FTP client like FileZilla
- Create a file called home-page.php and paste the code in
- Copy the file to …/wp-content/themes/responsive-child
- Now just create a new page and change the page layout to Home Page (w/ home widgets)
This has been tested and works. This is not covered by CyberChimps support.