We would like to announce that all three of our premium Pro themes have received a minor update which patches an incompatibility with the new WordPress 3.2 Dashboard styling on the theme options pages. Business Pro has been updated to 1.0.2, iFeature Pro has been updated to 1.1.7, and Neuro Pro has been updated to 1.0.6. In addition to the bug fix, Business Pro also received drop-down menu support, as well as a few code tweaks.
For those of you who have upgraded to Business Pro 1.0.1, iFeature Pro 1.1.6, and/or Neuro Pro 1.0.5, check the “Updates” link right below the Dashboard sidebar menu tab while logged into WP-Admin to update. It appears that our update API may not be compatible with “force checking” updates using the “check again” button, however once WordPress triggers it’s automated update check you will see the update notification. If you want to update immediately, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the PayPal email you used to purchase the theme and we will send you a new download link. We will be patching this “force check” issue with the next update to all three themes, which brings us to our next talking point.
If you follow us on Twitter, you probably have seen our Tweets about a big update we have been working on for quite some time now. This update is big, so big that we are pushing every theme to version 2.0. Here are just some of the features that you can look forward to with version 2.0 of all three of our premium Pro themes:
- A complete overhaul of the Feature Slider, including automatic image resizing, new animations, support for sliders on static pages, and the ability to create categories to control which slides appear on your page.
- Tabbed meta-options boxes, which include per-page control over your sidebar settings, slider options, and SEO support for adding page titles, descriptions and keywords.
- Image uploaders and post category drop-down menus in the theme options.
- Extended blog-page options for choosing to display excerpts and to show or hide meta elements like post author, date, tags, etc.
- A new, sleeker design for iFeature Pro which includes the option to use the “classic” styling.
These are just some of the great features that you can start looking forward to. We are aiming to begin beta testing early next week, and if you are interested in becoming a CyberChimps beta tester, email email@example.com with the subject Beta Tester. The beta program is available only for premium Pro theme customers, so please include your PayPal email address in the body of the email.
If you come across any additional WordPress 3.2 related bugs, head on over to our support page for several ways to get in touch with us. Keep your eyes on the blog and on our Twitter and Facebook pages to be notified when Business Pro, iFeature Pro and Neuro Pro 2.0 are released.